Sunday, January 28, 2018

Plodding Along to an Illusion of a Finish Line

I have started and quit so many diets.  I started them with enthusiasm...expecting great success.  But they always ended up being something I could not stick with.  I was not that disciplined to cut out large amounts of food that I could not eat.  So, I am giving Weight Watchers Freestyle another try.  I tried WW about 5 or so years ago when they were doing points system but their base of foods that they attached points to was small.  So, it was frustrating and I quit.  They have added to it though and it is easy to use.  I can plan ahead and I am able to eat pizza if I want as long as I plan for it.  I am eating mostly fresh food that I have to cook myself.  I like fruit and this allows me to eat fruit.  I like chicken and fish and I can eat all I want.  Of course, I am portion control conscious.  It does not ask you to be but I am.  I do not come close to using all of my points for the day and I end up with rolling over points.  I still don't touch them.  I have my first weigh in tomorrow and am feeling good.  I will not be upset if I do not lose much, or anything, after one week.  After all, I am not using all of my activity points like I should either.  I have to figure out how to do that.

I had a panic attack last night looking at my homework for this next week but I am just diving in and working as much as I can.  I will do my best.  This will be week 4.  Week 5 and 6 are easier and week 7 I have to put together and hand in my final project.  Luckily for me, we have a 3 day weekend..the Monday at the beginning of my 7th week is President's Day so it will give me some extra time.

I have let my hair grow.  It is longer than it has been in years.  I need the ends trimmed though because I have split ends.  I am not minding the long hair because, with help from my daughter, I have explored different hair care products and found things that work well for me and keep my hair from turning into a huge bushy mess.  Also with her support I have found skin care products that have greatly improved the look of my skin...neck, face especially.  The things I have found make the biggest difference: Avon vitamin C serum, Neutrogena moisturizing face wash, night gel mask, hydro boost moisture cream, and elf tinted face moisturizer with spf 20.

I am taking care of me.  I am also making time to either play in the back yard with Lucy or take a walk when the snow and rain are not falling.  Today is going to be in the mid to upper 40's so I will take time to take a walk with her...in between IEP writing and homework.

And having said that...I am going back to work.  I have 2 1/2 hours before the planned walk with Lucy.


No comments: