Sunday, April 2, 2017

Never Had One Lesson

I started the Shape diet.  I am worried because the doctor took the urine sample and told me that it showed I was already in Ketosis.  So he said it is my hormones...out of balance.  He gave me the drops, sent me home with my diet and the first week worked pretty well.  I lost 1 1/2 pounds to 1 pound a day. THEN  a couple of things happened...2 days later I was notified by my boss that someone messed up on the test sites and it had to be changed last minute (Ohio State EOY testing).  And in changing sites they were going to need more help and she was reaching out to the 3 of us that were the closest.  They got extra help for the last 2 weeks but the first 2 weeks they needed someone.  I told her if they sprung for a hotel room near the test site I would go down the first week.  They jumped on it.  REALLY?  Okay...so it was really only 3 days there.  I asked for the hotel room because it was an hour and half drive from my place to the test site WITHOUT traffic.

Then, because they were struggling with getting someone for the second week, I asked my son if they would be able to set the bed up in the guest room and let me stay 3 nights with them.  They decided they could do that.  So I notified my boss I could do the second week.  So...yay.

I ended up not following the diet exactly...went off it a little.  Came home and I had gained back a few pounds.  So, now, this morning I am back to where I was last weekend...before the first week helping with testing.  Since I am staying with my son and DIL, I am going to be able to stick to it better.

Also, in that first week of diet, my daughter got her two bottom wisdom teeth out.  That was a Thursday evening and when I left Sunday night, she was doing okay.  BUT she went to work at her new job Monday all day and was in a lot of pain...turns out she had dry socket.  She couldn't get in to see the dentist until Tuesday morning and her new employer gave her that day off.  Once the dentist cleaned it and packed it she was fine.  It is still healing but it is almost all closed.

The garbage disposal broke.  I ordered a new one and was hoping to put it in this weekend but it has not worked out that way.  It has to wait until next weekend.  I have too much to do to be ready to leave tomorrow, again, for the week.    I have to mow the lawn. The weather was not cooperative yestereday.  I also have a homework assignment to finish and laundry to do.

I am finishing week 4 of my class and beginning week 5.  Week 7 of my class runs through our school spring break.  Since week 6 and 7 are lighter with homework, I am going to try and do it all at once so that I have my spring break week.  I have yardwork to do then I am going to visit with my parents for a few days.

I will tell you, though, through all of this...my kids are my heroes.
My son has shown me how to really show someone you love them and adore them even when there is conflict.  My daughter has overcome her anxieties and learned to stand up for herself and go after new goals...even in pain.  They are both so much more together than I was at their age...maybe even at my age.

One thing I have had to give up to do this diet that just about kills me...is my nightly drink.  One drink, most nights (5 out of 7).  It was my one little thing I did for myself.  It might have been a mojito, a glass of wine, or some other mixed drink.  But...nope.  None.

Oh...and because of the test thing being thrown into my life, I had to miss my second Writers Group meeting.   I WILL not miss the 3rd one.  This is something else I am doing for myself.

Anyway...life moves too fast.

2 comments:

Jo ~ said...

why no wine? or other alcoholic beverage? because its dehydrating?

Nancy said...

Yes and alcoholic drinks have a certain amount of sugar in them. The goal is to stay sugar and carb free until the weight is lost. I am not totally carb free but what carbs I eat are not much.