Thursday, December 24, 2015

Eat, Pray, Pup Hankies

I get really frustrated with my phone and computer's spell correction feature.  I was trying to type the word 'epiphanies' in a text message to a friend and my phone kept changing it to 'Pup hankies'.  I have no idea why that would make more sense.

Anyway...in just one observation by a friend, the last of the fog disappeared.

She said (and I am just giving a paraphrase) that she could always tell when I had been in contact with my ex because I was more anxious, uptight, and complained more.  I was like, "huh".  I sat and thought about that.  Then I asked Bethany, TJ, and Brittany if they agreed with that.  They all did.  My daughter even went so far to say that when I had blocked him from my phone and email I was more calm, I joked around more, sang, and really didn't mention him at all.

So I took those observations and realized that I was anxious and sad and complained throughout most of my marriage.  I second guessed myself and always felt like I could never do anything right.
My mother told me not long after I married him that everyone lost 'me'...I wasn't that same self assured, head strong, joker I had always been. 

It was after listening to what the kids had to add, along with my epiphanies, that I relaxed and knew what I have to do...close that book and put a lock on it.  I do not know what he will do with his life but it is not my concern.  I am happy that it is not my concern.  I am finding me and liking that person again.  And someone else will find me and like me too.

No comments: