Saturday, October 31, 2015

Getting the Lead Out

I always have a long list of things I want to do on Saturday.  Yet, I never hit the ground running.

Here I sit, still at 1:30 in the afternoon. However, I have figured out in my head the order of attack and I AM going to finish certain things today.  The bathroom will be done, The wall over the fireplace WILL be done.  The papers will be sorted and boxed (old bills, etc).  AND the banana muffins and bread will be baked, some of it put in the freezer, and pumpkin cookies will be baked.

Tomorrow, if I am ambitious, I will be painting (finally) my office.  I hope to make my curtains and hang them too.  I have to make a trip to the fabric store at some point and get fabric for my daughter's closet 'door'.  It is oddly shaped and I wanted to do a barn door for it but the wall is only 5 foot long and the shortest slide rail I can get is 6 foot long.  poo.  So we decided to do a fancy curtain rod and a nature scene curtain.  This way she can pull it open one way to get into her closet and pull it the other way to reveal her full length mirror.

I spoke with the guy I needed to yesterday about the Financial job.  It sounds like it could be promising.  I will give it a try.  It doesn't cost me anything but some time for training.  If I end up being good at it and making money, I could get out of the education business.  It is so  stressful in the education field right now that any enjoyment I got out of it is quickly disappearing. And the pay sucks.  LOL

The weirdest part about that Financial job...I could hire my ex to work for me, if he wants to get back to Ohio and make money.  He likes the job he has but at the same time, if he could make good money doing something else, he would do it just so he could be where he wants to be.  I don't mean for him to be back in Ohio to be back with me.  Ain't happenin'.  I have no desire for that.  However, I do know that he wants to be near family and I know what it is like to feel homesick and disconnected.
It would also be great to be his boss.  LOL

I am not really planning on any of it but...you never know.

Well...time to get going on the day's projects and get things DONE.


No comments: