Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Nerve of it All

I did it.  I went to the chiropractor.  He is aggressive and painful...but the results are great.  For the first time in YEARS, the bulging disc is back in place...NO PAIN!

The last 2 weeks have been so stressful.  I have taken on extra responsibilities at work and this last week I was handed the left over student accounts from Erika, who quit.  She said it was way too much work and she wanted time for her own kids, etc.

It took me a while but I had to figure in my head how to organize things so that it flowed better. I tried a few different things but in the end, an organizer BOOK (yes, pencil and paper!) really helps me keep organized best.  I have to keep updating learning plans and calling parents.  Each family has different things they have to do to be ready for the online school or to get themselves and their students back on track.  I have teachers to check on student progress with, too.  In the midst of all of that, I have to present online orientation classes.

Now I have to work in the chiropractor visits.

Believe it or not, I get daily encouragement text messages from Evil Spawn...aka...Troy.  He is REALLY trying to convince me he is worth it.  I told him this is what FRIENDS do for each other.  I am trying to be 'friends' with him.  It will mainly help life be less stressful.

He tells me he is doing 2 different things: 1) looking for a good position in Ohio for a possible job change; 2) trying to convince his superiors to move ahead with their idea of having outlying avionics customer support techs, like Rockwell does...the old company he worked for.  He says he is home sick for Ohio, misses ALL of his family, and finds Kansas to be boring.

He can do what he needs to for himself.  Except move back in here.  I am getting my life back together, and while it is not ideal, it is better.  It can get better.  I like making my own decisions.  I could use his paycheck too in order to afford some things, LOL.

The longer Brittany lives here, the more she is becoming a combination of me and Bethany.  She has learned how to relax and be more casual while taking on the responsibility of her life.  She is doing a pretty good job.

TJ got an interview at a radio station he wanted to work at...but it is too much of a commute from here and he would have to think about moving out.  The amount they said they would pay would make life rather tight, budget wise.  But if Brittany gets a full time, or even part time job, they could do it.

I place everything in God's hands.


2 comments:

Jo ~ said...

congrats on getting some relief with your back discomfort, and it sounds as if things are working out. You're a tough bird you;ll get thru it! :) isn't it odd now that Troy misses home...haha!

Nancy said...

I think Troy decides every few years that he might be missing out on something and fights to 'break free'. He finds that he was wrong and he had a good life and didn't appreciate it. He never learns...or he is a slow learner. When we were first married he got so many speeding tickets he had his licensed pulled for 6 months. It wasn't until THEN that he got the idea that the speed limit signs did not say, "except Troy". He is that kid that would have to touch the burner more than once and burn himself before he learned.