Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Don't Answer That Phone!

My son and his fiancé went through a bad place.  They had their first real argument.  They made it through it but I am sad because it seems like they disagree an awful lot.  I am afraid they think it is a normal way of being.  TJ grew up with a lot of arguing and tension between his dad and I.  Brit grew up with the same.  I pray it works its way out.

I have been feeling pretty good...except for my short bit of depression over my ass supervisor's 9 month review with me.  I soon learned not to take it too personal because most of the ppl on the floor have been wanting to off him lately.  I told them he has been going cold turkey off diet coke.  The diet part hasn't done him any good. 

Other than that, I have been feeling pretty happy.  Especially the last few days.  I know I have been here before but here I am again...I realized the magnitude of my happiness increases with every day that I don't hear from my husband.  I came home from work feeling really good tonight...hadn't talked with him since probably last Thursday.  But tonight he called and I answered the phone.  And...it was like someone letting all the air out of the tires on the car. 

I get angriest at myself for allowing myself to put up with it.  All of these years. 

My son said that Brit said that I am a good person and deserves to be happy.  She said that if me and Troy can't work it out, I deserve to have a good man.  I just looked at TJ and told him, "I'm pretty happy right now.  With your dad in anther state, it isn't so bad.  Your grandmother even said I am reminding her of the person I was before marrying Troy...she said she is seeing a glimmer of the old fighter." 

I don't know about that...because I don't feel like I'm all that.  However, I am calmer.  I think it is because he isn't here that I can handle the job I have. 

Which brings me to another point...ironically the ass supervisor's job is up for grabs.  I don't really want it but it would enable me to pay the mortgage myself.  I am putting in on it.  I would have first choice over those with seniority because of my college degree. 

I know one of the things they want is someone with 2 years of supervisory experience but that can't be all that important because my supervisor didn't have any of that experience.

Every night I pray for God to give me a place that will help me live my life without depending on Troy for anything.  I have done all I can with him.  And I am tired of feeling like less than I am.  I have gotten angry with too many ppl that I feel need to take responsibility for their own lives.  I guess I should look in the mirror.  If I could physically kick my own butt I would.

No comments: