Friday, January 8, 2021

Head down...moving on

 School is back in session and I am just not feeling it.  I was that way last year at this time, too.  The only hopefulness about it is that they SAID they are only doing enrollment for the first 2 weeks of January and they are taking people off the waitlist.  WHY is that hopeful?  Because I am at 20 students on my caseload.  I checked and only 2 other 7th grade ISes have as many as me.  They try to even out the caseloads so that means that all of the other 7th grade ISes will get new students before me.  AND if they only do enrollment for 2 weeks, then hopefully we will all be capped off at 20.  That means for the first semester EVER, I will not get any new students.  That would be ideal!

I am not talking about politics.  I am not happy with either side.  Not saying anything about that bunch coming in and their plans.  Just going to say my prayers, do my thing as I should and keep the faith in God.  The end is looming and I want to be on the up escalator.

Having said that, I am hoping to bag a cute little house a few blocks away from my parents. The neighborhood is quiet, I am used to it, and the house is just the right size for me.  It has enough room for Beth and Jordan if they need to stay for a while the only down side is it has only the one bathroom.  I will not think about that because I do not know what the future holds and it may just be me.  The landscape is miniscule which means no flower beds all around the house.  Just in the front and they are small.  I could do some flower pots in the summer and be done with it.  It would be a weird concept and something to get used to.  

Not much else to say.  It is winter and I am at low energy.  

No comments: