Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Virus Inside and Out

 I spent the evening with Lynn, my neighbor, yesterday.  Her house is neat, clean...and sparse. She reminds me of my Aunt Doris. Aunt Doris was a minimalist.  Lynn had not one Christmas decoration.  It isn't that Lynn is an unbeliever. She goes to church every Sunday.  She just doesn't feel a need to decorate since it is only she that lives there.  I could be that way but it is just traditional.  I need the decorations.  


Lynn says she doesn't like to cook, even though she has a freezer and pantry full of healthy foods.  I told her my thing in the winter is crockpots full of homemade soup.  I told her I would text her whenever I made a crockpot of some and tell her what kind I have and if she wants to stop by and have some then she is welcome.  She said, "I'll bring some wine!"  I told her that she didn't need to bring wine.  I don't like to drink so much.  If she wants to drink it with her soup, then it is up to her.

I got home and into my pj's just in time to get a call from Debbie. She was on her way home from her nursing shift. She told about the large number of COVID patients and the one that coded out on her.  She said her youngest daughter, Olivia, who lives with her and works at the hospital not too far from me, just tested positive for COVID.  Debbie told her admin and they told HER not to get tested unless she had symptoms.  This means, she could be attending to patients, have the virus but be asymptomatic, and be giving it to someone that is already sick.  

Ironically, after I talked to her, I got a text from my ex sister-in-law/friend Belinda who let me know her oldest sister Karen (whom I really loved because she was always so sweet, funny, and kind) had just died at the hospital where Debbie is working.  Karen had a lot of health issues for a while.  She was very over weight and did nothing to rectify her health situation. She had been in this hospital for a week.  She had sepsis, bad lungs, and ended up having emergency surgery early Thursday morning for a stomach infection then was put on a ventilator.  Last night she coded 3 times and the 4th time they could not bring her back.  I certainly am not telling her the information that Debbie shared with me about her COVID situation. It would make Belinda feel even worse.  



Then on the Christian breaking news this morning I was listening about how the Catholic Archbishop has urged the church to reject Joe Biden.  The nation of Israel is preparing for renewed attacks when Biden takes office as it endured when Obama was president.  

It looks as though God has decided that it is now the time for the end.  Instead of fighting for our pathetic lives on this planet, we should be preparing for our lives in His Kingdom.  It is scary because this is what we know down here. Heaven is unknown but I do know that it will be so much better.  I do pray for family and friends that need to be saved, still.  It weighs on my heart.  








No comments: