Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Eye on the Point in the Distance

If I have a reason...and I have to have a reason...I can work hard.  I just keep remembering that reason. 

So, I put on a dress for church Sunday.  I haven't gone to an actual church for quite a few weeks.  I have been listening to a sermon on line on Sunday mornings.

Anyhow, I put the dress on and sat on the edge of my bed to put on some stockings.  I looked up and there was the mirror.  I was facing the mirror and I got a good look at myself...sitting there in a pretty dress...and all I saw was a female version of Jaba the Hut in a dress.  I sat there and really looked at myself.  And I felt bad that I had made so many excuses to treat myself so badly.

And then I also thought about what I could use for my target.  It helps me if I have a target.  So...I am using my class reunion as a target.  It is next July. The end of July. 

I have been on it for 2 days now.  And I realized that the only way I can truly stick to anything is to limit what kind of food I have in my house.  I have to be strict.  And I have to MOVE.  The target is what is making me move. That plus I have been going to bed earlier to accommodate my early rises.

Once 5 pm. comes, I have had enough of my computer and my job and I walk away and have to use the evening to refuel.  So, if there is anything left undone, I get up at 5 a.m. and start over.  I find it easier to get up early and get to it than to stay up late and do anymore.  By 5 pm my brain says 'uncle' and I listen. 

I have been taking walks around the yard with Lucy about 2-3 times per day just for extra steps.  I have been using my Health Rider and adding reps.  Tonight I got back on my Gazelle and put in some time. I am rather hungry tonight because I did not eat lunch today...I skipped it because I was working to meet some deadlines and quitting for lunch was not in my best interest.  And tonight I ate what I should for a normal dinner. But I am still hungry.  ugh.

I had to go to the court house and get a copy of that worthless piece of paper known as my marriage license.  I have to have it to renew my DL to the TSA approved one.  It isn't bad enough that I had to get a copy of that thing but I had to PAY to get a copy. 

Without my target I would have used that as a reason to eat ice cream for dinner.  And I do not know how I became that person that would eat ice cream for dinner.  I used to eat healthy and exercise each day. And that person was in her 20's and thin and energetic.  This person may be 30 years older but I can be that person that eats healthy and exercises everyday again...and maybe regain some energy. 

I cannot be a whiner and grab for lame excuses. 

No comments: