Friday, July 21, 2017

Nothing Rhymes With Purpose

July 29.  I was hoping that by now it would be just another day on the calendar.  It still triggers a bad feeling in the depths.  It used to mark my wedding anniversary.

This year it just so happens that one of my favorite bands is playing at a nearby venue.  7 years ago, when I was still married, we all had tickets to see them.  They were playing a concert after an Indians game.  You bought the game tickets and you got the concert.  But it poured.  Everything cancelled.  Had to cash the tickets back in. 

So, 7 years later...we get to see them.  Lifehouse...and Switchfoot.

The trip home was okay.  Mom is anxious about Dad slowing down and forgetting things.  Dawn just complains about everything.   I had to have a talk with both of them...about facing reality.  Now isn't that the blind leading the blind? 
I came home and have been in a nearly immobile depression every since. 

I need a purpose.  Something that makes me move. 

I think the thing that sent me to the depths was the email from our Team lead.  She accepted a job with another e-school...one headquartered close to where she lives.  She is going to be dean of students.  While I am happy for her, it hit me.  Change.  Ppl leaving.  Things changing.  The world spins so fast within that kaleidoscope of constant change. 

I am anxious about the new job coming up.  Of course, I have not heard from them about where they will put me.  I may not move...

I am sick of change.  There was that short period of time where we stayed where we were.  The kids were fairly stable.  But then everything took a really big shift...followed by another...then more of the same.  I would just love to get settled.  Then...find a purpose to move...but not make big changes.

No comments: