Friday, December 30, 2011

Breathing Easieer

In my last post I had told you about a book I was reading by Dr. Charles Stanley entitled "How to Handle Adversity". I am still reading it. It is not a very thick book but I peck away at it. I do a lot of my reading at night before I turn in. Most times I don't get very far in my reading because I am just too tired.

However, I really LOVE this book. It has enlightened me a lot about things. I am at a chapter where it talks about the adversities we go through because we have some character issues that God really needs us to change. I do believe that I have gone through a lot of adversity just because of that alone. I probably wouldn't have had so many rough spots if I didn't have a tendency to be so stubborn or 'snap back' to old bad habits.

There is one thing in this book, though, that I am glad to see. It backs up my way of thinking about some of my actions. There are places in my life that I stick and hang with a situation that is not necessarily a kind place for me to be in and a lot of ppl would have just thrown in the towel and walked away because they wanted something better for themselves. However, I always felt that I was there because God had a purpose for me and He knew I would do that job. I have been asked so many times by so many people, "Why are you still there?" My answer? "Because I need to be...I'm supposed to be..." I have been told lots of times how to change my situation for ME. I appreciate the concern but I have always felt God's guiding hand. And because I have stayed in the situation, other people are better for it.

Life is not easy. Doing a job is hard work. I asked God for a purpose and He took me up on it. He used my stubborness and my curiosity for understanding...my ability to put myself in someone else's shoes and see things from their journey and perspective...to give me a purpose.

Be careful of what you ask.

My mother, even though she is a Christian and has been for many decades, doesn't even understand. She looks at what I'm doing from a mom's perspective. She thinks I should take myself out of the stressful situations. She thinks I should do what I can to make my life easier. 'Easier' is reserved for the next life...my eternity. This life is where the rubber hits the road.

I have a nephew that I need to work with...I am saying my prayers for guidance and strength to do the right things to help him get to where he needs to go...in this life and the next. I have about 3 more weeks before he is here. Dear God, help me be prepared for this.

I managed to find another vehicle. I was ready to quit, again. We had been out looking a few times. Nothing really serious. But one day we headed down south of the city...about a 40 minute drive. The experience at that particular dealership was not at all good. 5 HOURS out of my life.
We made it back home and my husband just decided to drive through a couple of dealerships on the edge of town...5 minutes drive from our place. We had gotten lucky about 7 years ago and found a van that I LOVED. It was the one my son had gotten into an accident with. I did not see anything there that I was impressed with so we drove down the road to the Ford dealership. To make a long story short...I found a vehicle that I fell in love with and it is NOT a van. It's an SUV. God supplied me with just the right thing. The only thing about it is it is in the shop having wiring harnesses replaced and a few other little things taken care of so that it is in the best shape possible before I drive it. Yes...a used vehicle. I have never had a new one. Even if I get a job I can't see me spending my whole first year's salary on a car. I may graduate to NEWER used vehicles and spending only HALF of my first year's salary on a vehicle. HA!

I may not have been blessed with a job, yet, but God is working things out. God is working on ME. God has blessed me and my family. Once one gets that, it makes it easier to breathe every day.

No comments: