Saturday, June 23, 2018

Puzzle Pieces

I did not get the house I was talking about in the previous post.  I went to look at it myself and decided against it.   I looked at quite a few within a few days and then this one popped up .  It has 2 large bedrooms, 2.5 baths, the master bedroom has a large walk-in closet and the other bedroom has double closet with overhead storage. There is a full, large basement with a laundry room and I do not know what to do with all of that space but I will figure it out.   Besides the large deck beside the garage/behind the kitchen, there is a porch off the other side of the house.  The sunroom (in between the garage and house) opens on to each deck.  It has a little gas fireplace of its own.  The house is across the street from the lake and a short drive to the fancy harbor district with shops and restaurants and coffee houses PLUS there is a beach with gazebos and a bandstand that has live bands on the weekends.  The pictures here make the house look plain but it was before the trees and plants started to leaf out and bloom.  It actually looks quite nice.

The couple took my offer and when the appraisal came back the house is worth more than I am paying for it.  I had just given up on the idea of finding a decent house that I could afford.  But this was owned by an older couple that moved to Florida and just wanted to get rid of it quick.  I will need to replace the furnace and put in an AC unit but my dad and a friend of his from church can put it all in for cost. 









We had the closing on this house yesterday.  The closing on the house I am buying is this next Friday.  My truck is getting loaded Thursday morning/afternoon and then I am headed out for up there.  I have to be there in person Friday morning to sign the papers. The utilities are all going into my name up there on Friday.  The old couple told their realtor that as soon as I sign the papers he can give me the keys so that I can go in and clean and unload.

AND my last 3 classes start on July 2.  yay.  At least it will be the last 3 I have to take for at least 2-3 years.

And even though I was the one that went through all of this, the fixing, painting, sale and repairs that the buyer asked for...and the buyer was paying way over asking price...Douche still complained that he had to pony up any money to fix ANYTHING.  complain...complain...NEVER satisfied or happy.  I sat one day and thanked GOD that I did not have to go through this listening to him everyday.

I also sat one day, after having a conversation with him, and was feeling the knot of anger and bitterness within me and I did a lot of praying, asking God to finally take that away from me ...because I did not want to be that person...that bitter, angry person.  And the next day I woke up and realized that I was collateral damage.  He is a hot mess with no conception of what he wants and is never happy.  He does not know how to love anyone, let alone himself.  My anger was at that point removed..and it is replaced by sympathy...I feel sorry for him.  I am also grateful that I am not that way. 

I also am getting myself ready to deal with my older sister.  She is the most negative, angry person ever.  She can find the smallest little thing to turn into a major negative issue.  She tells everyone what is wrong...what they should do...and how to live their lives.  Yet she is unhappy with hers.  I have no problem with pulling her up short every once in a while.  I just told her last night, 'You are the most negative person!  You seem to think you know what is wrong and what will bother me yet you don't know me at all!"  And she retorted with, "why WOULD I know you?  You've been gone for YEARS!"  I thought, 'here we go.  I always had to babysit her and be her entertainment.'  She has no friends because she is so negative and bossy.  This will be a real test of my patience.  ha ha!

At least I will be closer to my friends.  I have a line of them waiting for me to get settled so that they can come visit.  I am hoping to put a book club together.  It would be fun.

We will see what comes about.  I will just be relieved.

5 comments:

Jo ~ said...

congrats! sounds like you still got a bit of work to get done! :)

Nancy said...

Was packing all day. Will be packing again tomorrow.

Jo ~ said...

oh bless your heart. packing is a hard tedious job and moving too.

Jo ~ said...

If I'm ever up that way, I'm gonna stop in and see ya!

Nancy said...

Bella...open invitation!