Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fat Don't Crack

I look in the mirror and see shades of my mom...sometimes.  Since I've been losing weight, I have noticed little lines under the eyes and sagging around the jaw area.  blah. 

I never thought it would bother me...that I was so vain.  But I don't want to look 50...or older!!!  LOL  It went by too fast. 

Guess I'll have to go buy some of that cream that says it will smooth out fine wrinkles and tighten your skin.  Just how tight?  How much skin can it handle?  I hope it doesn't turn out to be some kind of hyper cream and I end up looking like Joan Rivers!  (she gives me nightmares!)

As for my hair color I have been dying it a lighter brown with strands of gold and red in it.  I am kinda liking it but my daughter and my husband tell me they like my hair the dark chocolate brown is has always been.  I tell them that since my hair is insisting on being gray (stone gray...ugly...with lots of white strands) I am going in a lighter direction so that I don't have to color it quite so much. 

I went into a phase about 4-5 years ago where I started wearing more makeup.  I never was a big make up wearer...very little lipstick, hardly ever wore eye shadow.  Just patted on powder, put on a bit of eyeliner and mascara.  But suddenly I started putting on more.  I figured it might dazzle and distract from the fact that I am aging.  But then, I quit.  After all, who really is caring?  I will get all dolled up when/if hubby is taking me out somewhere but otherwise, I will put on my basic lot of cover.  As long as children don't scream and babies don't cry when they see me, I'm good.  After all, I'm not advertising anything.

******************************************************************
I was having a bit of fun with the hubby the other day.  I don't know why I started thinking about this but he is part Italian and part Indian...oh, I mean...Native American.  Now THERE'S a combination for ya!  I was trying to figure out a way to combine the two.  I didn't want some big mouthful like 'African-American'...besides, I think one should pick a continent.  SO...I came up with "Italdian"  He just kinda chuckled and said he didn't mind as long as I make sure the ppl know he is a  "bow and arrow Indian" and not a 'Call Center Indian"   I thought about it and I said, "oh...you mean a feather head and not a towel head!"  Okay...okay...I know I'm gonna get some flack for all of that...but, COME ON! 

I am waiting to see what he comes up for me...I am part Scottish and part British...all from the same island but neither part likes the other one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

You're a beautiful creature of God, with a spark of Him in your very soul. The outside shell matters very little when we take fact into consideration, doesn't it?

Peace

Nancy said...

While I do believe that a lovely 'inside' makes the outside more lovely...I would STILL like to look at my outside in the mirror without grimacing. LOL

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Nancy:

Just keep the outside shell neat and tidy and all will be well. :^)

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to those who say the outside doesn't matter. You need to run, run to the nearest workbench!

Sandpaper out those wrinkles, staple gun that sagging chin, superglue those drooping eyelids, duct tape that sagging neck, sandblast those yellow teeth, and chain and lock those sagging jowls.

That should do the trick...
:-)