Friday, August 4, 2017

The Good, Bad, and the Awful

Last Saturday night I spent with my 2 kids.  They came here for dinner, then we went to the Lifehouse/Switch Foot concert.  Afterwards we ate Ben and Jerry's ice cream and had some more talking.  It was a pleasant evening with a lot of goofing around.  My kids have my sense of humor...something their dad has never quite gotten.  In fact, it annoyed him.

Work started again this Tuesday morning.  It has not been a lot.  Mostly setting up our notes, adding students to our online class list, and doing a whole bunch of training.  Same thing...Blood borne pathogens, diabetes, crisis prevention, homeless students, etc.

I now have 2 more days to finish up my work for this class I have been taking.  Then, I have 3 weeks before my next class begins.  The next class is going to be a whole semester long.  The classes I have taken this last year were all 1/2 a semester long.  I am hoping that since this next one is spread out over a semester it will not be so intense.  yeah...right.

Every once in a while, I stop and look around and feel so very overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done around this house for me to be ready to put it up for sale and move next summer.  Most of the work is little stuff but the biggest share of it is ridding out.  I try not to get ticked off with the fact that 3 other adult people moved out of this house and left the stuff behind they didn't want anymore.   So, I get to figure it out.

blah.  Oh well. If that is the worst thing I have to deal with...

Bethany and I went to  local coffee house to watch Scott Patterson's band, Smithradio, perform.  In case you don't recognize the name, if you are a Gilmore Girl's fan, he played Luke Danes.  If you are not, he was in 4 of the SAW movies, but I do not know his character's name on those movies, since I do not watch them.  He named his band after Patti Smith.  He said he grew up in her neighborhood and knew her when he was younger, before she became really famous.  Her music, supposedly influenced his.  It was a good night.  Their music is pretty good.  The stories he told behind the writing of the song made it even better.   Afterwards there was a "meet and greet" but you had to pay $50 for that.  God bless my daughter...she takes after her mom.  I would not pay the money because frankly, I don't think I should have to pay extra to take a picture with ANYONE...I do not care what level of fame that person thinks they have.  I am not impressed.  Still a regular person...just recognized by more ppl.   I asked her if she wanted to pay the extra she said, "no...I don't care!"  ha ha!  Good girl!

However, she did talk me into stopping at an Awful House...I mean a Waffle House.  Since she has never been to one...and neither had I...I said, "why not?"  Now I know 'why not'.  She can mark that off her list.  yuck.  It is really an Awful House.  She said, "now I know why only drunk ppl come here after the bars close.  they won't remember it.  I wish I didn't"  Love that girl.


No comments: