Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snow Days...I Sure Miss 'Em

My mother got her pathology report back...cancer free! And my mother-in-law has gotten better! They were able to remove the breathing tube, she is responding well to a different mix of meds and the swelling in her body has receded. The feeding tube will be removed soon too. She is speaking, moving, etc. By the time Troy left Cleveland, he had caught a nasty flu bug from the hospital. He finally got back to Wichita and took to bed. I am on responder duty this week at work. This weekend the snow and wind keep coming. They have not called me at all and I have one more day. I have decided to not answer my phone if they call today/tonight. I am #5 on the list. If I don't answer the call then it would mean a $40 decrease in my end of month incentive bonus. I think I can live with that. I hate responder duty. That job is stressful enough..although most days are not that terrible...but answering the phone and dealing with ppl that have power outages is THE WORST! My older sister says that their electric company has an automatic answering bot that once you enter your address it will inform you that it is aware of the outage, tell you what has caused it and give you an estimated time of restoral. This company needs to do that. It is absurd that it doesn't. I have managed to do very little so far this weekend. I do have to go outside and use a shovel to try and find my driveway again. I see that the Sunday paper was left part way up the sidewalk...halfway between the garage door and the front door. nice. I see the green wrapper peaking out from under the pile of snow. Brains working much? drop it by A door...any door. Just like the idiot that packed the groceries Friday night. I unload my cart so that the frozen foods are all checked at the same time so they will be packed together...I unload all the dog food items together so they will be packed together...all non-food items are unloaded together...then the squishable/breakable foods (bread, eggs) are unloaded last. I got home and there was soap in the bag with food (I have never had anyone do that!) and, canned goods in the bags with frozen food and I even had a can of soup I had not bought. It will be returned. Someone paid for it. Not me... and I really don't care if it contains free range chicken. I know it doesn't sound like much but this kid stopped just short of packing heavy things in the bread bag. He needs more training. Yes...I found something trivial to gripe about. I am just really kinda ornery about having to go out and shovel snow. Just not feeling it. My daughter has been rather bratty about the fact that the weather spoiled her and her friends' plans to travel to Columbus this weekend for Ohyaocon. I told her that disappointment is a part of life...believe me I know. This is just the beginning. Things happen...be ready to change your plans. I am still looking for the next place to jump. Guess I'll do some laundry...and take another nap...cuz I can. I sometimes miss being a teacher cuz when I was teaching, on a day like today I would be watching the snow and feel snug in the knowledge that there would most likely be no school the next day.

1 comment:

Whispered Promises said...

Okay - fun to catch up - I am back on ere and will regularly leave a message to you now!! Yay!!